Thursday, December 5, 2013

Total Reinstall

What would you do if you were to start anew? No more carrying around regrets, failures, traumas, scars, bad memories and, even, bad habits? What would you give to give-up your weaknesses and build new strengths? Will you use your wasted time wisely? Or, will you repeat your sins; being hell-bound?
Now, returning from the philosophy to technology, these questions still resonate, albeit, remotely. Yet, the impact of such questions even in the pretext of an aging laptop is one with great influence and ramifications on the user's life. Already gave up my love of games when my PC started shutting down unexpectedly mid gameplay. Then, came the overheating...graphics card failures, weakened battery and failing motherboard circuitry.
But, now that everything has been repaired and restored in my hands, will I walk the same path so often tread? Or, will I rise upto the occasion and build one of those marvels, of codes and science, that every Dad expects his son to build, when he hands him a laptop? Do We as modern day users truly deserve this high powered device that we lust after and buy? I've seen high-school students run after Corei7 Processors and Graphics Cards, even when they would be able to use a small iota of its true power playing games. People want more just because they can afford it. Rephrasing; "People mistake that whatever they earn is what they deserve."
They want the costliest car. The fastest bike. The biggest house. The largest TV. So on and so forth. But, is it what they need? Or is it just their want? Why can't they be at peace with what they have? Why can't they make do with OK? Why do we crave after luxury? *Enough of Psychobabble, Naseem! Get to your point!!* Okay! Okay! Jeez, you guys take the fun out of these...*Ravings of a mad man?*...Whatever you call these.
In short: Got my laptop fixed, finally! And, this blog post was due a long time, even though I've not covered a lot of books to write in my Bibliophile posts, or programmed or tinkered with code to blog about it. Spent my time with Frankenstein though. Read, or flash read (that's what I call my skimming, speed reading and jumping between the material), the first volume of Frankenstein. Currently in Chapter 4 of Volume 2 (5 more chapters to go). I'll blog about it later when I'd have done flash reading it.
A new, still plastic wrapped H.G Wells's, The Invisible Man, rests on my book-shelf. It will be my target next. After this I've been itching to read "1984 A Novel" by George Orwell, though I know about it from pop-fiction but, would like to read it in it's original format.
But, I'll be busy again with my tinkering, coding, studying, job-hunt and re-installing all the lost apps, data and goodies to my Toshiba. Hey, I also set a new set of wallpapers and desktop enhancements! Hopefully, Frankenstein would be completed quickly with my flash reading.
Well, I got work to do! Catch you later, readers. Bye.
Here's a Screen Shot of my Desktop Currently: (I'm adding two Screen Shots. I'll talk about the re-installation ritual in another blog post.)
1
2
I'll detail some interesting things for my new perspective and ideas for this resuscitated system. Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment